The World Federation of Direct Selling Associations (WFDSA) World Congress 2017 was held in Paris on October 2-3. This triennial event with the theme “Own the Future” was attended more than 500 participants from 52 countries. WFDSA Chairman Doug DeVos of Amway officially launched the 15th World Congress.
Among the highlights of the congress were the;
- Keynote address by Bertrand Piccard, the first to fly around the world in a solar-powered plane. Piccard gave his insights on positively achieving our goals and journeys through life;
- Presentation on the global state of Direct Selling by WFDSA Executive Director, Tamuna Gabilaia;
- Roundtable discussion with the title ‘Own the Future’ moderated by DeVos with panel members made up of several industry leaders;
- The positive outlook of Direct Selling by in-coming WFDSA Chairman, Magnus Brannstrom of Oriflame;
- Eight workshops providing more insight on the Direct Selling industry.
The congress came to a finale at the Gala and Awards Dinner at Chateau de Versailles. During the awards ceremony, DSAM attained the 2nd placing in the DSA Innovation Programme Awards for the formation of Ethics Council Malaysia.
The next WFDSA World Congress will be held in Bangkok, Thailand in 2020.